How to convert your Android phone into blogging machine
As a bloggers we always struggle to expend ourselves, our smartphones are always with us. But we never ever thought to expend the functionality of these smartphones to help us in this endeavor.
Some of the best android apps which can help you to expend yourself as a blogger
#1 WordPress for Android
Write new posts, edit content, and manage comments on your WordPress blog.
WordPress for Android is an Open Source app that empowers you to write new posts, edit content, view stats, and manage comments with built-in notifications.
Version 2 brings an all new Dashboard UI with Quick Action bar and a powerful new editor that makes it easier than ever to post on the go.
WordPress for Android supports both WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress (3.0 or higher) blogs.
#2 FaceBook for Android
Share and stay connected with your friends with the Facebook for Android app.
Facebook for Android helps you connect with your friends and share on the go. Upload a photo, keep up with friends’ photos and status updates, look up a phone number, and more – right from your Android device.
#3 Twitter for Android
Follow your interests: instant updates from your friends, industry experts, favorite celebrities, and what’s happening around the world. Get short bursts of timely information on the official Twitter app.
Real-time search reveals breaking news, while trending topics show what’s happening now around the world. View trends, browse your interests and see suggested users in several categories, including fashion, entertainment and travel, or search to find out what people are saying about topics you care about, such as politics or big sporting events.
Features of Twitter for Android
Browse interests, Find & follow friends, Tweet, Retweet, Favorite, Follow, exchange Direct messages with your followers, share photos and web pages, real-time search, trends.
#4 Pinterest for Android
Pin personal photos directly to Pinterest! Pin photos of what you see and do in real life, like a fashion find you discover while window shopping.
Simply select a photo, choose a board, and Pin It. It’s that easy.
#5 Youtube Uploader
Record, upload & share your videos easier than ever before.
YouTube up+ allows you to record, upload, and share your videos easier than ever before. Search “yupplus” or “Uploaded by YouTube up+” on YouTube to see what other users have uploaded!
With voice control, YouTube up+ gives you the option to control operations with your voice, including adding the Title, Description, and Keywords for your video and uploading the video.
YouTube up+ is integrated with Facebook to allow you to quickly share the link to your video on your Facebook Timeline with your friends as soon as it’s uploaded, with support for Twitter, Google+, Delicious, StumbleUpon, emails and cell phone messages available!
Features of YouTube up+ include
- Login with your own YouTube account.
- Complete check of network connection status. Internet connection is required to upload video. If 3G connection is available, the application will remind you. You are recommended not to upload, saving your data plan and battery.
- Provide title, description and key words of a video by typing or speaking and then voice recognition.
- Easily take a video without leaving the application.
- Use voice to control if you want to start uploading right after finishing taking the video or just preview it.
- Enjoy live Internet radio when waiting for the uploading to finish.
- You can take videos with Android’s Camera application and save them when you don’t have Wi-Fi. Then, you can use this application to pick video from Gallery and upload.
- Check how the just uploaded video look like in a Web browser (most of your friends will watch it from their computers).
- Share the just uploaded video with friends through emails, cell phone messages (currently only in Canada and US) and social networks including Facebook (Facebook user name and permission for the application are required), Google+, Twitter, Delicious and StumbleUpon.
- Delete the just uploaded video if you don’t want to keep it.
- Enjoy live Internet radio when you do other work.
Kindly Note : YouTube up+ requires the official Facebook application to use the Single-Sign-On (SSO) and integrate with Facebook and better protect your privacy. Please make sure to install the Facebook application before using YouTube up+.
Discover new and interesting things across the Web. StumbleUpon is the easiest way to discover new and interesting things from across the Web. Simply tap the “Stumble!” button, or swipe your device’s screen to discover photos, videos, web pages and more, recommended by people sharing your Interests. You can also follow Channels–-sites, people and brands you may already know––and explore content hand-picked by Channel curators.
You never know where the next Stumble might take you…Type a word or phrase in the Explore Box, or pick from 500+ Interests and we’ll recommend page after page of amazing stuff you’d never expect to see.
Share interesting finds with anyone via email, StumbleUpon, Google+, Facebook, Twitter and more. And since your mobile account is automatically synced with your web account you can browse your Likes anytime. Start exploring today.
#6. Google Drive for Android
Keep everything. Share anything.”
This is the tag lines of Google Drive, Some of you may wondering, Why I have included this productivity tool in this section. Reason is here
*** Google Docs is now a part of Google Drive! ***
and the feature of Google Drive is here
- With Google Drive, you can store all your files in one place, so you can access them from anywhere and share them with others
- Use the Google Drive Android app to access your photos, documents, videos and other files stored on your Google Drive
- Upload files to Google Drive directly from your Android device
- Share any file with your contacts
- Access files others have shared with you on Google Drive
- Make any file available offline so you can access them even when you don’t have an Internet connection
- Create and edit Google documents with rich text formatting
- Edits to your Google documents appear to collaborators in seconds
- Make quick changes to spreadsheets
- View your PDFs, presentations and more
- Upload and convert files to the Google Docs format
- Take a photo of printed text and convert it to a Google document
- Optimized experience to take advantage of larger screens for tablet users, Honeycomb (Android 3.0+)
Though these are only few android apps that can enhance your productivity using your android phone. How do you use your smart phone to expand yourself as a blogger.