Though there are a lots of debate right now going on “Whether to convert your site into mobile site” or let your visitor Joom In , Joom Out your contents. Even Google has defined that they will not support mobile ads, some of my friends instantly jumped on the conclusion that this is the end of responsive theme.
Why to Convert Your Site into Mobile website
A mobile site is nothing but a well crafted mobile version of your website. With the advent of new mobile technologies and smart apps, smart phones are now able to render the same desktop version of your website into these smartphones.
So where is the catch –Catch?
- Every time whenever these apps render the same desktop version of your site they also render the whole site at a time thus increase the website loading time and use a lots of bandwidth.
- Your mobile users will have to Joom In and Joom Out each and every corner of your website to find out his/her desired information. If it takes too much time – Leaves
- It does not looks professional
Methods to Convert Desktop version website into Mobile website
There are several methods to convert your website into mobile version. only the selected few we are going to discuss here.
- Create two sites : Previously web designer used to create two version of website one for desktop users and another for mobile user. hellboundbloggers.com is a popular example of this technique.
- Use Responsive Themes : Responsive themes come into pictures in late 2010, with the advancement of grid based CSS system and Jquery.
- Use wordpress plugin –wptouch : Another very popular options among wordpress users, is wptouch plugin. This plugin can convert your website into a mobile friendly website.
Catch behind these mobile conversion methods- either they are expensive or need a lots of efforts to create another version of mobile site or enhance the page loading time of your website. Since they embed all the code inside your single file.
Simplest Method to Convert website into mobile website
The simplest method to convert your website into smartphone mobile site is -dudamobile and howtogomo. howtogomo website is a google inititive to check your website on smartphone.
dudamobile is a utility to convert any website phone into smartphone ready. This is four step GUI based conversion method. All you have to do is follow the online screen and adjust your setting.
Step-1 : Check you website and Select your Them
in this method dudamobile check your existing website and suggest you some pre-built templates for your current site, before that you check whether your website is static or blog.
You have to just click on any of these pre-built template for your site then click next to move on the next step.
Step –2 Edit your Pre-built mobile Theme options
In this step you can fine tune your websites main pages as you can see in this steps. All the major elements of the theme is given here. Just click any one of them and fine tune or just click on the next to move on the next step.
Step –3 : Save your newly built mobile site
Now you have to supply your original email address and some password. Remember here to supply your valid email address otherwise all your efforts will be gone to supplied email. Now click on next
Step 4: Implement Your Mobile site – GoLive
This step clearly define how to implement this newly created mobile website with your website, there are two options by which you can redirect your mobile user to this site. implement it according to the given instructions according to your website and Enjoy
Conclusion on Mobile Website
This is a really a cool feature to convert your website into smartphone ready website. The main attraction is –No programming or technical detail and is not adding adding any extra plugin or space on your hosting server. The catch is every thing is on duda site and they are giving you a re-directional script.
Do You also know any such service which can convert your website without any type of programming or adding any extra space?