I am quite sure you know some very well known and established photo editing software for photography like Photoshop and Gimp. Both are widely used by the professional to retouch the photographs but what about the non graphics designer like me who always struggle with.
Here are some of the most user friendly apps that can give that professional touch to your simple photograph without much efforts.
1. Photo Funia
PhotoFunia is a photo editing tool that gives you a fun filled experience. Put your face on a billboard, a stamp, or in a Warhol-like work of pop-art. Become the Mona Lisa or a bodybuilder. You get over 150 scenes to play with. You’re not cutting and pasting; instead, the app “finds” the face in your photo and integrates it with the scene of your choice.
2. Photo Art
Create art photos fast and easily! Color the picture with your fingers or apply several effects. Color your old black&white photos. Everyone can be an artist!
- 24 effects (sepia, grayscale, tint, colorize, pixelize, posterize, solarize, brightness/contrast, exposure, negative, saturate, sharpen, blur, dilate, erode, smear cross, smear lines, smear circles, smear squares, edge detect, emboss, laplace, sobel, solid color) and more coming soon
- 12 brush types (and more coming soon), configurable opacity, size, repetition
- two fingers zoom or fast one finger zoom
- import your picture from gallery or take a photo with camera
- share with your friends via email, facebook (need facebook client) or other social networks
- support for Android tablets with Honeycomb (Android 3.x)
3. PhotoShop Express
4. Lighbox – Photos & Effect
Lightbox is a place to capture, enhance, & share your moments. Your photos are automatically organized into a timeline of postcards on Lightbox.com. Keep them private or selectively share them with friends, family, or the entire Lightbox community.
Show your perfect image with PhotoWonder ANYWHERE ANYTIME! PhotoWonder is a fun app to edit pics on mobile.
• Make cool collage pictures
• Amazing effects like LOMO, BlueTone and Ageing
• Lovely stickers and frames
• Enlarge eyes and smooth skin easily
• Share photos with the world
• See editted pics by Review button
6. Pho.to Lab
Create cool photo montages and apply fun photo frames & effects to your pictures. Pho.to Lab – FREE Photo Fun Generator in your pocket! More than 450 awesome effects for your photos! With Pho.to Lab photo editor you can easily create fun photo montages, cool contact icons, animated effects, virtual postcards and phone wallpapers! You will love the user friendly interface and the ease of use Pho.to Lab provides.
Features and effects:
• photo montages with automatic face detection like those you find in photo funia: turn yourself or your friend into Darth Vader, Rambo, a Na’vi from Avatar, an astronaut or a pirate of the Caribbean, a nun or a foxy lady!
• funny animated cartoon effects: turn your portrait photo into an amusing caricature
• photo effects for stylish and trendy folks: put yourself on the Forbes, Vogue or Playboy cover next to Angelina Jolie, Jackie Chang, Lady Gaga and Dr. House!
• photorealistic effects: put your face onto museum walls, a soccer fans banner, in a hot off the press newspaper; airbrush yourself on exclusive cars or leave your face as a sand imprint on the beach.
• photo filters: Neon Glow, Fire, Jigsaw Puzzle, HDR, Pencil Drawing, Oil & Impressionist Painting, Chalk & Charcoal, and more.
• photo collages: put yourself and your sweetheart or even all your friends into one photo collage.
If you couldn’t find the photo effect you wanted, you can submit your own effect idea. Suggest ideas for funny photo effects, photo filters, photofunia-like photo effects, mosaic collages and pretty much anything you can come up with. We will be happy to make new effects available for you and everyone else!
What’s more, you can add text of your own, set the resulting image as a contact icon or wallpaper, save it to the phone memory or SD card. You can easily send the photo you made as an MMS or post it on Facebook and Twitter to surprise your friends!